Boyle Parochial National School offers a rural school experience in a town location, being conveniently situated in the heart of Boyle Town, close to the local library and playing fields. It is a two classroom school providing all inclusive primary educational opportunities for all children be tween the ages of 4 and 12.
Boyle Parochial National School has been enriching the lives of its pupils since 1938. We provide a safe, positive learning environment and we aim to instil confidence, character and compassion to make our children’s future the best it can be.We offer children participation in a challenging curriculum with an emphasis on individual attention and personal growth.
The school has two full time teachers :
Ms. Lynch, Principal, who teaches the Senior classes and Ms. Owens, who teaches the Junior pupils.
Ms. Carty is our SET teacher and we also employ a Part time Secretary, Mrs. Morris.
OUR SCHOOL MOTTO
“LEARNING FOR LIFE”
“Foghlaim ar feadh an tsaoil”
School starts at 9.10 a.m.
Infants finish at 1.50p.m. (Junior Infants finish at 12 noon during the first week of the Autumn term)
All other classes finish at 2.50 p.m.
As well as fulfilling the Department of Education Curriculum requirements, pupils at the school enjoy many additional activities including :
- Use of Ipads to enhance the learning experience.
- Dedicated computer skills lessons during which each child has his own laptop.
- Swimming lessons for children from Junior Infants to 6th
- Visiting GAA coaches.
- Participation in “ Discover Primary Science and Maths Excellence Award”
- Participation in Art Competitions.
- Projects and activities related to the Irish Green Schools Programme. We are currently working towards Flag No. 6: Global Citizenship. Theme: Litter and Waste Management.
- Annual School Tour to historical/educational centres.
- Trips to the Theatre, Activity Centres, Museums and other attractions.
- Participation in the “Food Dudes”
- Intergenerational Projects.
- Cumann na mBunscol: 5-a-side